Over 6 months during the Covid-19 lockdown, I completed 100 paintings for the Instagram #100heads challenge. I've chosen to reproduce some of my favourite pieces from this project in an open edition of archival fine art prints!
The 100 heads project was initially intended as a way of experimenting and developing my practice slowly, alongside my other work. In February 2020 I had ordered 100 23x23cm plywood panels, expecting to slowly work through them over the course of a year or so, but when the UK went into lockdown in March, like so many others, I was left with no plans for the foreseeable and in need of a big distraction. I decided to start painting a head daily, with the intention of selling each one under the incredible initiative set up by Matthew Burrows, the Artist Support Pledge.
The project gathered momentum and I painted my last head on September the 17th, 2020. The final head was auctioned off to raise money for Choose Love: Help Refugees.
- Each print is produced with archival quality, pigment based inks on Marrutt 312gsm smooth cotton rag fine art paper.
- The image measures 23x23cm, overall paper size 29.7x29.7cm.
- Hand signed and titled by Lucy Pass.
- Frame and mount are for illistrative purposes only and not included.
- Carefully wrapped in a compostable cello pocket, packed and posted flat.